Potato Sebago – Organic Potatoes – Origin varies according to season, freshness and least carbon footprint.
Great for boiling, mash, roasting, baking and chips or french-fries.
- Pre-heat a heavy, flat cast iron pan in the oven at 190C.
- Wash the potatoes well and peel them.
- Wash again under running water.
- Cut into thick chips.
- Add to a large saucepan and cover in cold water.
- Add the salt and vinegar.
- Bring to a low rolling boil on the cooktop.
- Cook for 5 minutes to bloom the starch (this occurs at 90C water temperature – use the AEG Wireless Food Sensor to monitor this).
- Drain the chips in a strainer or colander.
- Spray the pre-heated pan and add the chips, spaced evenly.
- Spray the chips liberally with olive oil.
- Cook in the oven until golden, for around 1 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and serve.Additional Notes: Boiling the potatoes at 90C will bloom the starch, which means they will stay nice and fluffy on the inside when baked. The AEG SensePro induction cooktop is great for this as you can use the AEG Wireless Food Sensor to monitor the water temperature, ensuring you hit 90C. I love adding apple cider vinegar to the potatoes when boiling, as it gives a hint of tangy salt and vinegar flavour.
The ingredients of the recipe click here